Have you observed damage of any kind on your skin when you expose yourself to the sun during summers? Ignoring it could lead to many different skin problems such as discolouration, dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, rashes, redness, tough leather like skin and melanoma.
Melanoma is the worst among all. It is a type of skin cancer which you may never realize. So it is always good to protect your skin by wearing long sleeves clothes and applying sunscreen. Keep a watch on your skin for any unusual changes and consult a skin specialist without any delay.
Skin is the largest organ of our body. It is imperative to take great care of it since it serves well in the area of fashion and beauty. Summers are an excellent time to be outdoors and enjoy different activities. But it could be dangerous to your skin as well.Below are some natural tips to help you this summer and for all the summers to come.
Summer Skin Care Tips
- The most important rule in summers is to drink plenty of water and fruit juices. Keep your body and skin hydrated at all times to avoid sun strokes. Water gives a cooling effect within your body and prevents dehydration.
- Avoid drinks containing caffeine, sugar or alcohol. These will cause you to lose more body fluids.
- Use lukewarm water to bathe and tap dry with a cotton towel. Remember not to rub while drying your skin else it could lead to dryness.
- Keep your skin nourished at all times to avoid rashes and itchiness.
- Use a moisturizer for your skin and lip balm or Vaseline for your lips if dry.
- Protect your skin by wearing a hat, cap or carry a light colored umbrella. Try wearing long sleeves, light coloured cotton clothes. Cotton is a natural fabric which breaths better than a synthetic or nylon fabric.
- Light colored clothes will allow the sun rays to reflect instead of being absorbed.
- Apply sunscreen before stepping out of the house. Sunscreen also protects the skin from harmful UV rays. Look for sunscreen which has skin protection factor (SPF) 30++.
- If you plan to go swimming then use a sunscreen which is water resistant.
- Remember to protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses. Sun’s UV rays can damage your eyes especially if you are aged and developing cataracts. Hence, it is always good to wear a wide hat and sunglasses with a frame which covers your entire eye portion and has tinted glasses.
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark. This is required to sooth your eyes. Sleep on cotton linen. Listen to some sleep medicating music. Follow the saying “early to bed and early to rise”. Do this for a healthy, clear skin and to make your eyes look fresh. This will make you feel fresh and rejuvenated next morning.
- Refrigerated thin potato or cucumber slices work as a cooling agent when kept on your eye lids daily for 15-20 minutes.
- Stay indoors in an air conditioned environment as much as you can. If you don’t have an AC or cooler at home, visit places like a shopping mall, a movie hall or an air conditioned library. Spend some time there so your body remains cool.
- If you feel that the activity which you are doing in the hot burning sun is draining you out then get indoors, preferably a nearby cool location and rest for a while.
- Avoid having foods such as meat during summers. This generates heat in the body thus making you feel very hot.
- Include a lot of cucumber salads and fruits such as water melon, blueberries, cantaloupe which contains good amount of water content.
- Consuming herbal teas, avocados and nuts such as walnuts and almonds help in providing a nourishing and purifying effect for your skin.
- Green leafy vegetables and green tea is also a good antioxidant supplement. Salmon and egg whites are good foods with lot of proteins which helps in repairing skin damages.
Looking beautiful depends on how well you maintain your skin. Beautiful, soft and clear skin cannot be bought; you will need to work towards it.