Hair Care for Dry and Damaged Hair
There would be nothing wrong if we title honey as “the liquid Gold”. Honey, in a pure natural form, is a treasure chest of hidden nutritional and medicinal values for centuries. The virtues and benefits of honey have long been announced and proved by philosophers, scientists and our Ayurveda.
Due to the magical properties of honey, it has become too common in every kitchen. We extensively use it in cooking to improve or add flavor to various cuisines. Honey is commonly known to be a sweet and sticky product used in cooking practices. But when we talk about the benefits of honey for hair and skin, it may knock your socks off. Maybe, you are well aware of the benefits of honey for skin and have been already using it for skin care. But honey for hair care may be questionable for you. This article is all about honey treatment for dry and damaged hair.
Benefits of Honey for Hair Care
If you have dry and damaged hair, honey outperforms in a natural, effective and cost-cutting manner. Honey contains vitamins, minerals, is an antibacterial agent, acts as humectants and attracts moisture that makes is beneficial for hair care too. It is a natural emollient that deeply conditions the hair, making them softer. It is a natural antioxidant that makes scalp healthy and allows fast hair growth. Being an emollient, it improves the health of hair follicles, which are responsible for hair growth. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties prevent scalp from any type of infection. It brings life back to the dull, dry and damaged hair.
How to Use Honey for Dry and Damage Hair?
You can use honey in the form of hair packs and masks for revitalizing your dry and damaged hair. Undoubtedly, you can directly apply honey on your hair. But to make it help spread easily on your hair, you can combine it with other beneficial ingredients. Let’s look at a few best home remedies in which we combine honey with some common ingredients from your kitchen to make hair packs and masks for caring dry and damaged hair and getting healthy and lustrous hair at home.
Honey, Coconut Oil and Buttermilk Hair Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair
In this hair pack, we will combine honey with coconut oil and buttermilk that are two other popular ingredients for hair care. Coconut oil is one of the oldest hair care products. It is full of antioxidants and has antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. When we use coconut oil on the hair, it improves the overall health of the scalp, fights against infection as well as fungus, improves hair health, adds volume to hair and offers shiny, thick and lustrous hair without the common harmful chemicals. When it comes to buttermilk, it is loaded with lactic acid and is a natural pro-biotic. When applied on the hair and scalp, it cools the scalp and offers natural nourishment to hair. Here’s the recipe for making and using this pack.
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
How to make and use Honey, Coconut Oil and Buttermilk Hair Pack for Dry and Damaged Hair
- Pour coconut oil in a bowl and put it in the microwave or on the stove to make it warm, but not hot.
- Now add honey and buttermilk to the warm coconut oil and stir it well.
- Apply the prepared mixture on your scalp and clean hair.
- Put on a shower cap on your head and feel the healing properties of honey and buttermilk.
- Let it sit in your hair for 30 minutes and then rinse it off twice to make sure that the pack is completely removed. Use a mild shampoo to remove the pack
- Use this pack once a week and see the results right away.
Honey and Egg Hair Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair
Our hair is made up of Keratin protein and eggs are the powerhouse of protein. When applied to hair, egg helps strengthen the hair follicles, makes hair shiny, smoother by proving natural conditioning to the hair. When we combine honey with these wonderful hair benefits of egg, it makes out a perfect hair mask for treating dry and damaged hair. Here’s the recipe:
- One cup honey
- 2 eggs
How to make and use Honey and Egg Hair Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair
- Beat two eggs and collect the egg white in a bowl.
- Now add honey to the egg white and mix both ingredients well.
- Apply it properly on your hair and scalp. Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Then rinse off your hair using plain water and a mild shampoo as usual.
- Use this pack three times a month to deal with dry and damaged hair. This is suitable for all hair types.
Direct Honey Application for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment
Honey is rich in vitamins and minerals, using it as part of your hair care routine can leave your tresses looking shinier, feeling softer and in an overall healthier condition. Honey also comprises of antibacterial and antiseptic qualities too. This prevents our scalp from infections or psoriasis and tends to keep our scalp clean and bacteria-free. This also keeps us away from dandruff and itchiness on your scalp. Honey also repairs dry hair or increased pollution and direct exposure to sun as made them lifeless, then use of honey can bring back that lost sheen and shine of your hair. Simple process that you need to follow is given below:
- ½ cup of honey
- Few drops of water
How to Make Honey Pack for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment
- Take a bowl. Add half cup of honey in the bowl.
- After that, add a few drops of fresh water.
- Stir it properly by using a teaspoon. Now your honey hair pack is ready to work on your dry and damaged hair.
- Apply this mask on the scalp and leave it 30 to 40 minutes.
- After that, wash with plain water and your regular and mild shampoo. Apply this pack twice in a week.
- You will see results within one month. This pack very effective for dry and damaged hair. It also makes hair soft and shiny.
Hair Care with Honey and Hibiscus Flower Hair Pack
The red hibiscus flower not only looks pretty, but also has prettier effects when applied on hair. In this pack, we will combine the hair care benefits of hibiscus flower with amazing honey. Hibiscus flower is packed with vitamin C, phosphorus, calcium and riboflavin that make this flower offer great hair care. Here’s the recipe for making and using this pack.
- ½ cup of raw honey
- 5-6 hibiscus flowers
- A few drops of olive oil
How to make and use Honey and Hibiscus Flower Hair Pack for Dry and Damaged Hair
- First, make the paste of hibiscus flowers by crush it using a pestle or food processor.
- Now add honey and olive oil to this paste and mix all ingredients really well.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it applied for 30 minutes and then rinse off using your regular shampoo.
- Use this pack once a week for tackling dull, dry and damaged hair.
Hair Care with Honey with the Olive Oil
Honey with Olive oil pack is very good for dry and damaged hair. Olive oil is one of the best oil for dry and damaged hair. Olive oil is a natural way to repair damaged hair. This essential oil is loaded with antioxidants, which can keep the skin of your scalp in better condition. It can even reduce the damage done by hair care products or overuse of styling products. Olive oil massages can improve the blood circulation in your scalp. This increased blood flow can stimulate the follicles, which then produces thicker strands and works well for treating dry and damaged hair. You will need:
- 7 to 8 tablespoons of Honey
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of Olive Oil
How to Make Honey with Olive Oil Pack for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment
- Take a bowl. Put into the bowl, raw honey according to your hair length.
- After that, add a few drops of olive oil into the bowl containing the raw honey.
- Mix it well by using a tablespoon. Now apply the ready pack on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it, at least for around 40 to 45 minutes for the best results.
- After 40 to 45 minutes, wash your hair with warm water and then again wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this pack two to three times in a month. This pack is will give you amazing results against dry and damaged hair.
Honey with Banana Hair Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair
The combination of honey with Banana acts as a natural moisturizer for hair, which can restore dry and damaged hair. Bananas are rich in potassium that strengthens hair, minimizes breakage by restoring your hair’s natural elasticity, and facilitates repair of damaged hair. Bananas also moisturize your hair as they contain natural oils and about 75% water. Banana is packed with vitamin A, B6, C and E, as well as zinc and iron. It also helps the hair be dandruff free and shinny. It can improve the natural elasticity of the hair and is a perfect mantra to treat the split ends problem. The honey and banana mask is the easiest of the entire mask.
- 1 ripe Banana
- ½ cup of raw honey
How to Make Honey with Banana Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment:
- Firstly, take one ripe banana and peel and mashed it by using a back fork.
- Now put his mashed banana in a small bowl. After that, add half cup of raw honey, into the same bowl containing mashed banana.
- Add a few drops of water for better consistency. Mix it well by using a tablespoon.
- Make sure, they are well combined with each other and now apply this mask to your hair.
- Leave it on your hair for 30 to 35 minutes and then wash out with a mild shampoo.
- You can apply this mask twice in a week for better results.
Also read the following articles on hair care