Best Remedy for Fever and Cold
Common fever is really very common and not too serious health condition, but just the symptom of possible infection in the body. In this condition, the temperature of the body rises due to weaken the immune system and its failure to prevent and combat infection. In infants and children, signs of fever bring the concerns; but in adults fever becomes serious when it crosses 102 F temperatures. Sometimes, minor fever can cause high fever in rare cases and sometimes fever may result from some serious diseases. There are over-the-counter medications for the treatment of common fever. Alternatively, you can also follow some easy home remedies to cure common fever and its symptoms, unless the fever comes with unfamiliar signs that demands immediate medical attention from a qualified doctor. In this article we give you best home remedies for common fever. In case of children you must contact a doctor at the earliest. Let’s first know the symptoms and causes of common fever.
Causes of Common Fever
Some of the causes of common fever include:
- Viral Infection
- Bacterial Infection
- Heat Exhaustion
- Certain medication
Symptoms of Common Fever
The normal body temperature remains 98.6 F and if the temperature is slightly lower or higher than this, it is quite normal. When the temperature rises to or above 99 F, it is known as common fever. General signs of common fever may include the following: –
- Body aches
- Appetite lose
- Vomiting and more.
Best Home Remedies for the Treatment of Common Fever
There are exceptions when you need to seek medical care and check if the problem in not serious. If the fever is common, you can go for some easy, natural ways to comfort yourself in case of common fever and its symptoms. Here is the recipe for making and using home remedies for treating common fever at home.
Common Fever Treatment with Garlic and Onion Mixture
Garlic is an indispensable part of home remedies for fever treatment since traditional Indian times. It is one of the best anti-biotic and anti-fungal substances and this is because it tackles common fever very easily. On the other hand, onion has anti-bacterial properties. It kills so many dangerous viruses in our body, which can spread fever in our body. And when we use the mixture of garlic and onion, it really becomes one of the best and easiest home remedies for common fever.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 slices of onion
- One cup of clean and purified boiling water
How to make and use Garlic and Onion Mixture for Common Fever Treatment
- Take a food processor and add three or four cloves of garlic in it.
- Now add two or three slices of an onion in the food processor and crush both ingredients properly.
- Add the mixture in a cup of boiling water and mix it properly.
- Now drink the solution slowly at least two times in a day.
- Keep it up for three continuous days and it will make you free from common fever and its symptoms.
Common Fever Treatment with Mixture of Honey, Lemon Juice and Brandy
Honey gives instant energy to our immune system to fight with fever and it is an easily absorbable substance for our body. So it is a very beneficial in common fevers. Like honey, brandy also has sterilizing effects on the common fever. Brandy contains antioxidants that kill the symptoms of fever like cold and cough, making body feel relaxed. On the other hand, vitamin C in lemon juice increases resistance reduces toxicity and cuts down the course of the illness. So when we mix all these three ingredients, these make out an easy-to-use yet effective homemade medicine for common fever.
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of brandy
How to make and use Mixture of Honey, Lemon Juice and Brandy for Common Fever
- In a mixing bowl, add raw honey in it, and brandy and mix both ingredients well using a spoon.
- Take a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze out its juice into the bowl containing honey and lemon juice.
- Blend all ingredients well and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Now, take a tablespoon of this prepared solution three to four times in a day until you get rid of annoying fever.
- Ensure that you make fresh mixture everyday and every time you use it.
Mixture of Tulsi Leaves and Clove Powder for Common Fever
According to Ayurveda, Tulsi or basil leaves offer one of the most effective and widely used natural home remedy to help alleviate the symptoms of common fever. Tulsi leaves contain so many properties like anti-bacterial, antibiotic and anti-fungal and especially germicidal, which help us in common fever. On the other hand, anesthetic and analgesic properties of cloves are also very helpful in treating common fever and symptoms. Here’s is a recipe for making and using the fever-killing combination of basil leaves and cloves.
- 20 fresh leaves of Tulsi
- 1 tablespoon of clove powder
- One liter fresh and clean water
How to make and use Mixture of Tulsi Leaves and Clove Powder for Common Fever
- Take a bowl and pour one liter fresh water into the bowl.
- Now, take basil leaves, wash them and crush them using a pestle.
- Crush cloves into a powder using a food processor and mix it with crushed basil leaves.
- Add both ingredients into the bowl containing water.
- Now give a heat to the bowl and allow the solution to boil till the water reduces to half.
- Now drink this decoction in every two hours for at least 2-3 days and you will get relief from the fever and its symptoms.
Paste of Ginger and Black Pepper Powder for Common Fever Treatment
As mentioned above, ginger is a powerhouse of health benefits and common fever is one of them. Ginger contains compounds that show anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties targeting common fever. On the other hand, black pepper is a natural antioxidant and thus very beneficial in common fever. Here’s the recipe for making and using paste of both ingredients for common fever treatment.
- A cup of clean warm water
- 2 tablespoons of crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
How to make and use Paste of Ginger and Black Pepper Powder for Common Fever
- Crush ginger using a pestle to make the paste of it and add it into the bowl.
- Add black pepper powder into the bowl containing ginger paste.
- Now add a tablespoon of sugar in the same bowl and put all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Add 1-2 cup of water into the pan and bring it to boil.
- Once the water gets cold, drink it four times in a day for some days till it kills your fever.
- This remedy will be very beneficial for you and it will destroy fever-causing bacteria from your body.
Paste of Cinnamon Powder and Honey for Common Fever
Ancient Egyptian used to cinnamon power for addressing the cause of common fever and its symptoms including cold and cough. Now modern science defines the reason behind it. Cinnamon contains the anti- bacterial and anti- fungal properties, which make it, fight against the fever-causing elements in our body. On the other hand, honey is a natural warm substance and contains the anti-microbial and anti-oxidants properties. When we mix both these ingredients, their mixture definitely relieves you from common fever.
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
How to make and use Paste of Cinnamon Powder and Honey for Common Fever
- Add a half table spoon of cinnamon powder in a small mixing bowl.
- Now add a tablespoon of raw honey, into the same bowl containing cinnamon powder.
- You can optionally add lemon juice into the mixture to make it work stronger.
- Mix all ingredients really well using a tablespoon and leave it undisturbed for 10-15 minutes.
- Take this mixture two to three times in a day until you get rid of common fever.
Green Tea for Common Fever Treatment
Green tea has a special anti-oxidant known as EGCG ( Epigallocatechin Gallate) that prevents the bacteria and viruses. The polyphenols and flavonoids present in green tea help in increasing the resistance power of the body by strengthening the immune system that helps in fighting infectious agents causing diseases like common fever.
- A cup of boiling water
- A bag of green tea
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
How to make and use Green Tea for Common Fever Treatment
- In a boiling cup of water, dig a bag of green tea and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea in sips and drink it three times in a day.
- You can also add honey, into the tea for additional benefits in fever treatment.
- Continue drinking tea daily until you get rid of the fever. It will not only help with fever, but also soothes the symptoms of fever and let you sleep properly.
Sage Leaves and Cayenne Pepper for Common Fever
Sage leaves are the best ant-oxidant and very helpful in common fever. It also cures our digestion problems and makes our immune system stronger against the fever. On the other hand, cayenne pepper has anti-fungal and anti-bacteria properties, making it a good fighter against fever. The mixture of sage leaves and cayenne pepper is a good home remedy for common fever.
- 100ml boiling water
- Some fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 50ml of honey
- A pinch of salt
How to make and use Sage Leaves and Cayenne Pepper for Common Fever
- In a small mixing bowl, add 100ml boiling water.
- Now put some fresh sage leaves and a tablespoon of cayenne pepper in the bowl.
- Then shake the bowl for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add 50ml of organic honey and a pinch of salt into the bowl.
- Drink the solution three to four times in a day to treat common fever effectively.